Wednesday 15 March 2017

Being told "YOU have cancer" sucks!



I was told 3 days after my mom was told her Chemotherapy worked for her rare brain cancer (Non-Hopkins Lymphoma) She had a 15% survival rate. I was told I have a 80% survival rate and it's a simple surgery than a pill a day for the rest of my life #notlikely

Being told it came back sucked, being told it spread sucked, having a 3rd surgery was awful. Now having to get a stronger (5 times) RAI treatment and being in isolation for 2 weeks SUCKSSSS... 

I want to scream and punch things and get mad at the world BUT instead I will try to make sense of this.... #thyca picked me.. maybe to help spread the word about #checkingyourneck#thyroidcancer #thyroidhealth #hashimotosdisease? Maybe because it knew I could take it and it won't take me down when part of me just wants to give up.... 

Please check your neck . It's so important! Take care of yourself and fight for your health. 


How to Check your neck here: http://www.healthline.com/health-news/aging-a-quick-self-exam-helps-detect-thyroid-cancer-072313#1

No comments:

Post a Comment